Conteúdos da Caixa

dezembro 14, 2019

IT WAS ONCE...



After approving my UNB TCC on Manuel Antonio de Almeida and his "memoirs of a militia sergeant" I went on to pursue a doctorate in the States - California, of course.
I boarded having in my backpack the precious volume of “Sergeant” and on my flight were Oswaldo Montenegro and Fernanda. Both would participate in a Netflix-funded documentary about Amazonian burning. He is responsible for the musical score with his "Melancholy" and she is in charge of narrative narration. As soon as I reached Uncle Sam's land, I was surprised by an earthquake that destroyed a supermarket. Luckily I wasn't there.
Once settled in a little room, sharing the small space with a Jamaican and a Hindu, I resumed the research project.
To my surprise another earthquake, this time in Terra Brasilis. The CNPq was contingent on its budget and the scholarships were suspended, that is, cut sharply.
I was in trouble and without money to return to Brazil. I then sought out a friend of my sister, based in LA as Chef de Cuisine who specializes in exotic dishes. He told me he had a supplier of the raw material "Cannabis", a smart American who owns an extensive plantation of the herb for medicinal, recreational and culinary use. I was hired to work in the harvest of the plant, but without having the necessary dexterity for the job I just dismissed. The Chef, my sister's friend, pointed me to a job at a vegan / vegetarian fast food. I started by washing dishes, toilets, and doing other noble tasks by academic standards until I was promoted to a waiter and earned a badge.
On day off days I would surf so as not to freak out.
One fine Californian afternoon came to my work two customers who ordered hamburgers. Recognizing me as a Brazilian, they dismissed basic English and chatted. He then learned to be the two former assistants to a senator (investigated by the Brazilian PF for money laundering). I noticed that they had 'oranges' faces. I tried to take the issue to the present day in Brazil, but one of them changing the direction of conversation, asks in the most intimate way, “Eduardo, is this hamburger organic”?
I replied with my best smile from Alice's Cat that the hamburger as well as organic was special because it was produced by herbs grown in climate-controlled greenhouses.
Gratefully, they each ate two hamburgers, and took half a dozen 'to go'.
I gave up academic life and set up my own business: “Cannibal,” a San Diego-based food truck trailer specializing in cannabis Acarajé and other delights.


(Translated from Portuguese by Google translator)

Nenhum comentário: